Release notes (prior to version 9 were internal builds):
Vely release notes for 14.2.0
- Minor: simplified URLs to access applications. Path-based URLs are now the default form of URL. This means a URL path in form of /app-path/request-name followed by optional REST-style parameters and a query string. This kind of URL is easier to read and write, general-purpose, and flexible for both REST and non-REST usage. The existing normalized URL will still be available.
- Minor: examples updated with new URL defaults; old ones still work the same to ensure backward compatibility.
- Release: documentation on URL structure and URL building simplified and a number of erratas fixed.
Vely release notes for 14.1.2
- Release: fix environment substitution issue for docker tests
Vely release notes for 14.1.0
- Release: bug fix with db config file when it ends with a dollar sign
- Release: better documentation for request URLs (REST), clearer explanation of URL types
- Release: changed environment variable substitution from gnu envsubst to Vely's own, equally fast but much smaller
- Release: added more tests; now over 1050 Vely functional tests
- Minor: added -u option to vv to perform environment substitutin at will
Vely release notes for 14.0.0
- Minor: Added REST API URL capability with application path and request expressions
- Minor: Added --path option in vv to specify application path for REST requests
- Minor: Added PUT, PATCH, DELETE, OPTIONS and any arbitrary request methods support
- Minor: Added REST to multitenant SaaS example
- Minor: Added request-body and payload/payload-length to support any content type in call-web statement
- Minor: Added content-type to call-web statement
- Minor: Added request method to call-web statement
- Minor: Added content-type to get-req statement
- Minor: Added request method to get-req statement
- Minor: Added header clause to get-req statement
- Minor: Added p-path statement for building links and forms for REST and normalized URLs
- Minor: Added path clause to get-app statement
- Minor: Added environment variables to database configuration files for easier and safer deployment
- Minor: Added support for SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO environment variables for web and command-line programs
- Major: Renamed post clause to request-body in call-web, and headers to response-headers
- Release: Added a number of documentation articles for new features in this release
- Release: Refactor variable space in generated code and vv to avoid conflicts with environment
- Release: Added JSON example
Vely release notes for 13.0.10
- Release: several bugs in examples fixed
- Release: documentation update, especially with new example format
- Release: OpenSUSE support is now for Tumbleweed
- Release: update package files
- Release: additional tests for exit-code
Vely release notes for 13.0.2
- Release: fixed bug where exit-code sometimes does not set command line program exit code correctly
Vely release notes for 13.0.0
- Major: changed Vely file extension from .v to .vely for better source file classification
- Major: simplified command line interface: vv no longer accepts app name; it automatically uses app name specified by vf when app created
- Release: fixed cgi test install; handling curl 56 errors in tests
- Release: added multitenant SaaS example
- Release: fixed bug with regex SIGSEGV when cache is used across multiple requests
- Release: fixed bug with random-string where it didnt allocate memory for result
- Release: fixed a bug where all execs had debug info stripped
Vely release notes for 12.1.0
- Minor: fully automatic inclusion of any needed library based on the statements used. Removed --lib option in vv as it is no longer necessary.
- Minor: added get-req data clause and set-req statement for global request data.
- Release: production binary now stripped for a faster loading.
- Release: enforce that no semicolon after statements permitted.
- Release: fixed docker test, added tests for get-req, set-req, auto-lib inclusion.
Vely release notes for 12.0.0
- Minor: add JSON parsing support (new-json, read-json, delete-json).
- Minor: add UTF8 support for JSON use (json-utf8, utf8-json).
- Minor: add hash table support (get-hash, new-hash, purge-hash, read-hash, resize-hash, write-hash).
- Major: rework FIFO support (new-fifo, purge-fifo, read-fifo, rewind-fifo, write-fifo).
- Minor: add query-specific error handling: on-error-continue, on-error-exit.
- Minor: web cookies can be now be set after out-header.
- Release: add web functionality to use query string with POST request, whether its MIME or POSTFIELD method.
- Release: add cache to match-regex for a much faster performance.
- Release: add p-dbl for double C type print out.
- Release: add delete clause to split-string.
- Major: fix Regex pattern matching bug for backreferences substitutions.
- Release: fix copy-string to allow an option to assign back to itself.
- Release: add -t option to vv to show latest trace files for debugging a given application.
- Minor: add column-names, column-count, column-data to run-query statement and removed those as standalone statements.
- Release: run-prepared-query did not syntax-highlight its clauses in vim.
- Major: use @ instead of database in database constructs as a simplification.
- Major: simplify run-query by removing the need to name query statements.
- Major: rename trace to trace-run to be in line with Vely's naming convention.
- Major: rename match-pattern to match-regex for a more descriptive statement.
- Major: rework query support to have less statements and be simpler: removed exec-query, define-query, start-query, loop-query, moved all existing functionality to run-query for more efficient SQL queries.
- Major: rename web-call to call-web to be in line with Vely's naming convention.
- Major: rename web-encode to encode-web to be in line with Vely's naming convention.
- Release: fix issue with comment in verbatim being highlighted.
Vely release notes for 11.0.11
- Release: dockerfile example corrected
- Release: nginx examples corrected for location statement
Vely release notes for 11.0.9
- Release: emit error from vv if no action specified
- Release: emit error from vv if application specified does not exist
- Release: emit error from vv if -q is not used, but developer options specified
- Release: rename constructs to statements as it is more accurate
- Release: add tests
- Release: clean up space before running tests
Vely release notes for 11.0.0
- Minor: added POST to web-call, which can now issue POST calls, such as sending files like an HTML form. Also added custom HTTP request headers for web-call.
- Release: set proper exit code for vf when it exits.
- Minor: allow URL parameters with POST, which is technically allowed by the standard.
- Minor: starting vf when already running now produces appropriate message and exit code.
- Major: replace C vely_header structure with headers clause in out-header and send-file constructs, also in use with web-call.
- Release: fixed archlinux test when apache start/stop does not work properly.
- Release: document features in this release and added 30+ functional tests.
Vely release notes for 10.4.36
- Release: fixed docker example, added 2 missing files
Vely release notes for 10.4.35
- Release: fixed bug: vf server does not start if the client that invoked it dies. Fixed issue with premature vf server termination.
- Release: trimmed dependencies from packages.
- Release: included cgi-fcgi for testing, debugging and scripting.
Vely release notes for 10.4.26
- Release: additional logging for vf
- Release: add Manjaro and other Arch-like distros
- Release: add Archlinux support
- Release: vv -m fails if current directory has non alphanumeric chars
- Release: smaller install file
- Release: apache killed with sigwinch due to systemd bug, use apachectl
Vely release notes for 10.4.20
- Release: additional vf logging
- Release: new release system
Vely release notes for 10.3.30
- Release: Added vim syntax highlighting
- Release: Updated docker test
Vely release notes for 10.3.18
- Release: added additionsl ARM64 builds
- Release: additional tests
Vely release notes for 10.3.0
- Minor: added raspberry PI/aarch64 builds
- Release: documentation updates
- Release: packaging of functional tests is now of consistent byte size across platforms
- Release: bug fix: in type conversion for file size, which failed on aarch64
- Release: do not execute selinux setup twice in rpm install
Vely release notes for 10.1.0
- Release: fixed a number of tests
- Release: fixed occasional issues with vf not seeing termination of a child
- Release: fixed vf to clear command in shared memory if server was not there or died
- Minor: added redhat 9 (Beta) build
- Release: fixed to properly terminate during fcgi accept for the first time
- Minor: added ubuntu 22 (Beta) build
- Minor: added OpenSSL 3 support
- Minor: changed default compression for package control and data to xz
Vely release notes for 10.0.0
- Major: added SQLite support
- Major: added prepared queries support
- Minor: added support for OpenSSL 3
- Minor: added support for command-line programs
- Minor: added support for CGI programs
- Minor: added exit-code construct
- Minor: added silent-header construct
- Minor: added Ubuntu 22 as release platform
- Release: new tests added
- Release: moved man pages to more appropriate 2vv section
- Release: bug fix: curl resources not always released after web-call
- Release: bug fix: avoid memory violation when TERM signal sent to FastCGI program
- Release: bug fix: vf to properly handle child termination
- Release: bug fix: free db query result in all cases
- Release: added valgrind to tests
- Release: define subclause to validate C variable name
Vely release notes for 9.1.0
- Minor: prepared statements
- Release: bug: db connection NULL when db escaping input
- Release: bug: prep stmts do not work when starting and stopping db server
- Release: bug: sql statement incorrect for cached prepared statement
- Minor: no unnecessary copying of field data in queries
- Minor: feature: added length to query-result construct
- Minor: added hex-encode/decode constructs
- Release: bug: loop-query would have undefined elements if start-query not run
- Minor: added timeout to web-call
- Release: bug: fixed memory leak in prep stmt
- Release: bug: curl call cleanup failure
Vely release notes for 9.0.0
- Major: simplified db config files
- Minor: remove html from spec
- Release: fixed bug with sending http status; more tests
- Major: renamed vely handler to dispatcher; added socket location to mariadb tests
- Minor: added vely docker file
- Release: fixed bug in vf:socket would retain privs from old run; new version of test for simpler vely
Copyright (c) 2022 DaSoftver LLC. Vely is a trademark of Dasoftver LLC. The software and information herein are provided "AS IS" and without any warranties or guarantees of any kind. Some icons copyright Paweł Kuna licensed under MIT
. Vely elephant logo copyright DaSoftver LLC. This web page is licensed under CC-BY-SA-4.0